Good morning and happy Thursday all, here’s what’s on my radar this morning. We’re one day closer to the weekend!
- Jay Lake explains what the Author Acts of Whimsy fundraiser is raising money for, and explains the genome sequencing that he will soon be endeavoring upon thanks to that fundraiser. If you haven’t had an opportunity to donate yet, there are still 27 days (as of this post) remaining. The initial goal has been reached but there are stretch goals to hit.
- Zachary Jernigan rants about sexism, misogyny and harassment in the nerd world over at Night Shade Books blog. A frustrating, enraging topic that has existed for as long as nerd-dom itself but was brought to particular light after an incident that occurred at ReaderCon last year. Both links highly worth the read as we all need to keep reflecting on and addressing this issue.
- John Scalzi is releasing a serialized version of his new novel, The Human Division, which takes place in the Old Man’s War universe.
- Adventures in Sci Fi Publishing podcast interviews Michael Moorcock.
- Warwick Davis does an AMA on Reddit.
- Damien Grintalis participated in a Science Fiction & Fantasy Writer’s Chat last night. She talks Ink, new short stories and a bit about some new novels.