Yay! Congrats, you’ve made it to Friday! ::achievement unlocked:: Some great stuff to share today, please read along, won’t you?
- Patrick Rothfuss has pledged to donate $100,000 to Worldbuilders if the total donations cross the $400,000 mark before January 21st, midnight. Worldbuilders makes a donation to Heiffer International which “promotes education, sustainable agriculture, and local industry all over the world.“
- Carrying over a theme I brought up yesterday, Stina Leicht writes on Charlie Stross’s blog, Women in Scifi and Fantasy
- Another kind of worldbuilding… this post is about worldbuilding in Scrivener, a program that made writing my first novel inestimably easier.
Let @lancearmstrong race again. On the condition he does PCP 10 minutes before the race begins. And be zip-tied to the bike.
— Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) January 18, 2013
- Sixty-one percent of book purchases by frequent book buyers take place online, but only seven percent of those buyers said they discovered that book online.
- Roller skates, sex, drugs, glitter, aliens, party monsters. Got your attention yet? John Klima and Lynn and Michael Thomas have a kickstarter for their anthology, Glitter & Madness, with Apex Publications.
- I’m always late to the party on new music, but I’m really impressed by Teen and this video for Electric is great.
TEEN – “Electric” from stereogum on Vimeo.
- My sister-in-law is in surgery today, nothing life threatening, but still no one’s idea of a great time. Send some good vibes her way for a speedy recovery.
- And the service that I use to bookmark, Pocket, is apparently down so that’s it for me! Have a great day!