It’s a cuppa half empty kind of morning here, I’m not feeling so hot. Thanks to all of the sick reporters who I sit around!
- On the Creative Penn, Mark Edwards shares the way that he achieved success in the Amazon Kindle store and sold nearly 100,000 ebooks in a month.
- On the other end of the spectrum, Michael Jackson fans sink a biography that doesn’t paint him in a favorable light. Brings up the question about vindictive people’s outsized influence in the more or less unregulated review market on Amazon.
- Science fiction becomes science fact! A group of scientists at UC Berkeley have successfully imaged the visual data captured by the human brain and reproduced it. This paves the way for eventually being able to record dreams. Literally. I could also see a “cure” for blindness coming out of this. The video below shows what they were able to do with data collected from an MRI.
- Geekdad brought out the family album in the form of some Super 8 video that he shot back in 1981. The video is without sound but shows he and his buddies playing D&D (or maybe Gamma World, I caught the book in one of the shots). Follow the jump to see more.
- I’ve shared this one somewhere before, but I don’t think I ever have on my blog. The AbeBooks 50 Essential SciFi books.