Today is actually Saturday, I know it. It’s a Saturday wearing Friday’s pantsuit and I’m not too happy about it. D’: So, you ready to quit your day job, throw all your centavos in and make writing your full time gig? Writer’s Digest has a handy little checklist before you go …
Good morning Saturnalians… I deliver your cuppa today from the confines of my luxurious fortified compound. White pajamas are not required but strongly encouraged, you find that they enhance one’s ability to plot and scheme.
- Warren Ellis shares some of his favorite covers from Transmetropolitan
- A new TSR has formed and will launch Gygax Magazine today. It’s supposed to be in the vein of Dragon Magazine, and even has former Dragon editor Tim Kask as well as Gary Gygax’s sons, Luke and Ernie, on board. The launch party happens today, check it out if you’re in Brooklyn.
- Wil Wheaton has a sort of sweet reflection of his time running the Geek & Sundry show, Tabletop.
One father told me that his tween kids spent every evening in front of their own computers or televisions, and after dinner he pretty much didn’t see his family until breakfast. But after watching Tabletop together, the kids were inspired to start a family game night. Tabletop, he told me, literally brought his family closer together.
- Cory Doctorow is set to launch Homeland on February 5 and is trying to assemble a list of teachers and librarians who would like to receive free copies.
- And finally, season 3 Game of Thrones pics!