If you woke up tomorrow, and your internet looked like this, what would you do? Imagine all your favorite websites taking forever to load, while you get annoying notifications from your ISP suggesting you switch to one of their approved “Fast Lane” sites.Think about what we would lose: all the …
Morning Cuppa – 02/19/13 – Cinematic Titanic quits! Neil Gaiman writing more Sandman! Crowdfunding publishing!
I’m back from vacation and heading back to work this morning, but am happy to say that I’ve begun writing a new project. Not sure where it’s going yet but I’m hoping I can take it either into a novella or into a full, novel length adventure. Time will tell.
- The folks at Cinematic Titanic have announced that they’re hanging it up after their touring commitments this year. The project, which feels like it just started to me is celebrating its fifth year. They’ve never done any touring in my neck of the woods so I never had the opportunity to see them live.
- Is crowdfunding the future of indie publishing? This commentary/interview looks at the successes of anthologies and the failures of standalone books. I think that it’s hard to get anything crowdfunded on the publishing end unless you’ve got a celeb/noteworthy name or two tied to the project.
- Neil Gaiman is writing more Sandman. Holy crap.
Photo: it’s funny to be able to tweet this, because it sounds so epic, but: neil gaiman is writing sandman. tmblr.co/ZHofayeO_mSR
— Amanda Palmer (@amandapalmer) February 18, 2013
- Chapter 1 of Guy Gavriel Kay’s new novel, River of Stars is available. It’s set to be released on April 2nd from Roc (Penguin).
- If you’re an author and would like me to purchase a copy of your book, leave a comment on this blog post.