- Star Wars news and rumors have been blowing up the intarwebs this past week and Mark Hamill finally threw down the gauntlet. Hamill was quoted* as saying, “Fuck it, me and Harrison Ford, Billy Dee Williams, Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels. We started a posse. Boom. Enjoy your DDoS of EVERYTHING, internet!” He then dropped the mic and left.
- Yesterday the nominees for the Nebula Awards were announced and it’s a pretty exciting crew. GalleyCat has free samples of each so you can check them out.
- Will the first manned mission to Mars be from a private entrepreneur? If space tourist Dennis Tito is to be believed, the answer is yes and soon.
- Joe Hill has some great advice for people who are writing a novel and hoping to “not waste their time” on a book that doesn’t sell.
- Whether you sell the book or not, it won’t be wasted time. You will be developing crucial skills for the next book. You will develop ideas you can recycle later. Success comes from the things you learn when you fail. If you can’t bear to fail, it’s hard to grow as an artist. **
- And as always, for what remains of the month of February if you’re an author who would like me to buy and read your book, please leave a comment below.
*Mark Hamill probably didn’t say these things, but he should have.
**Joe Hill did say these things.