This daylight savings thing is still leaving me a disheveled mess, I haven’t been able to get my act together all week! Anyways, here’s a few free shorts for your Saturday (just about to be afternoon…).
- Sing by Kristine Kathryn Rusch
- Dirk wants to learn how to sing like the natives, but they have no word for singing nor a concept of it. Until Dirk tries to show a young child her people’s beautiful music. Intrigued, she offers to help—only to discover that teaching Dirk to sing could cost her everything.
- The Hanging Game by Helen Marshall
- Sometimes a game, even a sacred game, can have far-reaching consequences. In bear country young Skye learns just how far she is willing to go to play the game properly in order carry on the traditions that came before her and will most likely continue long after she is gone.
- The Fairy Library by Tim Pratt
- Emily Yuan, anesthetized by the day’s events, drifted into her apartment, volitionless as a cloud. Her housemate Cece sat on the couch and, without looking up from the glowing tablet in her hands, said, “How was work, Em?”