Happy Friday all, I hope that you’ve all got some great plans this weekend. And if you’re in the northeast, HOLY CRAP, WHAT ARE YOU DOING READING A BLOG POST! GO LOOT FOR CANS OF BEANS BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE AND BREAK APART YOUR FURNITURE TO STAY WARM!
Seriously though, stay safe folks.
- Don’t forget my February offer, if you’re an author and would like me to purchase a copy of your book, leave a comment on this blog post.
- Didn’t get into Clarion? Can’t afford to take 6 weeks off of your day job? Take a look at the Taos ToolBox, still a little rich for my blood but it could work for you.
- Something oddly metal-looking has been found on the surface of Mars. Could just be a trick of light or a hunk of iron from a meteorite that hasn’t oxidized thanks to a low-oxygen environment. Until NASA takes a closer look, mysteries abound.
- Time to update your Goodreads to-read shelf! io9 shares their list of can’t miss scifi and fantasy for the month of February.
- The genre anthology all based in the party culture in the late 20th century, Glitter and Madness is getting closer to opening to submissions. Think rollerskates, neon, They’re still a little less than halfway to the funding goal though, take a chance to contribute if you haven’t yet.
- Seems a little bit like a case of having your cake and eating it too but Amazon has a patent for reselling “used” ebooks. Before, consumers were told that we don’t own the content, we’ve merely purchased a license. Now it turns out we can sell that license to other people but only through the Amazon store? No word on how the diminished cost of the used ebooks will affect author’s profits.
Glitter and Madness is so, so close to opening to submissions. http://t.co/8q4L8lFb
— Apex Publications (@ApexBookCompany) February 8, 2013